I am off to Buenos Aires for the next three months! I want keep you all updated on my adventures and travels through my blog!



Friday, September 3, 2010

Rain Rain go Away!

Hola Amigos!
Happy Spring from Buenos Aires! It has been raining here for the last three days. I asked my host Mama if this was normal and she said "feliz primavera!" I knew I should have brought my rain boots! The Subte D that I take home from school was flooded yesterday so i had to try and find a taxi home which was very hard because when its this cold and rainy nobody walks. I thought I was going to have to arm wrestle this dude for the taxi. I thought about taking a bus but last night I got very lost taking a bus and ended up on the southwest side of the city about a 40 minutes or about a 70 pesos taxi ride back to my barrio. Dios Mios!

My classes are wonderful and I'm very excited about them! I have: Food and Wine of Argentina, International Marketing, Contemporary History of Argentina, and Culture and Civilization of Buenos Aires. Oh and of course Spanish class. But just waking up in the morning is like a Spanish class! I took a taxi home from a friends house last night and the cab driver started joking with me that he has two jobs; one is to be taxi driver the other is a professor of Spanish! I try to talk to everyone i can;  it's so much fun to practice my Spanish :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay Annerz!
    It sounds like you are having an awesome adventure. Your host mama sounds just swell :) I just finished my blog and I think I've friended your blog. I leave in 3 days! aaah

    Love you lots,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete